Cori Nicole Smith visited Jefferson Primary in December 2016 for an author visit with students in grades Kindergarten through 4th grade. She shared her epic poem with all the classes. Cori was well-spoken and worked well with all the various ages. She explained her author’s purpose throughout the story, discussed the character’s feelings and development throughout the story. In the lower grades, she did an activity with the students about illustrating stories, and with older students, she discussed the writing process. The students were extremely engaged and really enjoyed getting to see an author up close and personal. We are excited for Cori to come back and share her experiences with our students again soon!
- I remember, months and months ago, before I knew who Cori Wamsley was, reading one of your articles and thinking, “This Cori person can write.”
- Thank you for all your help turning my team’s technical reports and papers into a nice, easy to understand explanation of our technology.
- Thanks for your quick responses and quality work.
- This looks great! You always make me sound awesome!
- Thank you for making me sound so good!
- You did a nice job! I really enjoyed reading it.